Concerta and Adderall are two of the most customary medicines used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). ADHD is a mental disorder that is found mostly among children and can be really difficult to spot. There can be a number of reasons why a child should suffer from ADHD, some of the most prominent being brain injuries, troubled home environment, lack of proper care during pregnancy and of course, genes. Science has recognized the paramount importance that a healthy upbringing holds for a child that is why psycho stimulant medication like Concerta and Adderall was invented concerta vs adderal – Get Healthy Labs.
Although the medication for ADHD is available in the form of stimulants as well as non-stimulants, the more commonly used treatment is done through the former. This is because it takes longer for non-stimulants to affect the body and once they do, the effect is quick to dissolve. These stimulants and non-stimulants send messages from the central nervous system to stimulate the brain. As stimulants, the medication includes methylphenidate and amphetamines, while as non-stimulants; it is comprised of atomoxetine and guanfacine.
Both Concerta and Adderall are prescribed medicines used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. Concerta is, however, less efficacious than Adderall and was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the year 2000, unlike Adderall which was sanctioned in 1996. Adderall is quite effective in bringing down the patients impulsiveness and hyperactivity alongside ameliorating his attention. Concerta, although used for the same purpose by children and adults alike, generates milder reactions. While Adderall is available both in the form of oral extended-release capsules and oral immediate-release capsules, Concerta is obtainable only as the former.
As obvious as it already sounds, Concerta and Adderall are two different medications used for the same purpose. Some of their dissimilarities apart from what has already been mentioned above are as follows:
- Adderall has a different chemical configuration from that of Concerta as the former is an amalgamation of the chemicals amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, while the latter is constituted of methylphenidate.
- Unlike Concerta, Adderall is physically addictive.
- Adderall is believed to remain effective for 10 hours at the most, while Concerta can be constructive up to 12 hours straight.
- As a stronger medication, 10 mg of Adderall is tantamount to 36 mg of Concerta.
- Apart from influencing the motor activities of the patient like Adderall, Concerta also affects their mental activities.
- As generics, Concerta can be availed at the rate of $ 3.90 per 40 mg capsule and $ 7.10 per 50 mg capsule, while Adderall is accessible at $ 4.65 to $ 5.33 per capsule, irrespective of the dosage. On the other hand, a branded capsule of Adderall would cost